Forbes Wealth Management is a financial planning office comprised of Don Forbes CFP RFP CLU, his son Erik Forbes, our Operations Manager Martina, and our intern Nathan. Don has been in the industry for 30 years and his son Erik joined the business over 5 years ago. With big city expertise and small town mindset, our team values building strong and lasting connections with our clients and the community. We get great fulfillment seeing our clients succeed and achieve their financial goals.
At Forbes Wealth Management we understand that farm families face a unique set of circumstances. With many years of experience we have developed tools and sharpened our expertise to serve these people well.
Go to our Ideal Client Page for a more detailed write-up of our ideal client!
What does Forbes Wealth Management do?
- Forbes Wealth Management provides comprehensive financial planning, farm succession planning, retirement planning, estate tax planning, and insurance analysis.
Why do we do what we do?
- We provide comprehensive financial planning because farmers and business owners often find themselves thinking about protecting everything they have worked for when it comes time to pass it on to someone else. Lack of information can be a major barrier in decision making when trying to plan ahead. We strive to provide insight and advice on how to move forward so decisions can be made.
Who is Forbes Wealth Management?
- Forbes Wealth Management consists of founder Don Forbes, Erik Forbes, Martina Polo, and Nathan Heppner.
Why hire us?
- You should consider hiring Forbes Wealth Management to assist in planning out your next stage of life. We are one of the only comprehensive financial planning offices who specialize in the complexities of family farms, that also provides all services on a fully disclosed and transparent basis.
What makes us different?
- Forbes Wealth Management believes in providing written comprehensive financial planning advice on a fully disclosed hourly fee basis. We believe this is the best way to provide truly unbiased advice and put client interests first.
Who do we do it for?
- Forbes Wealth Management provides advice and solutions for farmers, professionals, and business owners.
How do we do what we do?
- We start by understanding your goals, identify barriers and potential complications, converse about potential solutions and alternatives, then we craft a written analysis and step by step action plan to provide the simplest and most effective path to achieving your goals.
What challenges do they face and how can Forbes Wealth help?
- For people in this stage of life we can provide valuable insights into: how to pass the farm onto the next generation, how to draw a retirement income from the farm or business, and how to sell the farm or business if there is no logical successor. We can also help in protecting the farm from unforeseen non-farm financial complications such as income tax burdens and potential income risks through disability or loss of a key person.
What stage of life are they in and what are they heading towards?
- These clients are still in the working stage but understand they don’t want to be leading the charge forever. They value planning ahead and are interested in finding a simple and flexible way to slow down business life and maintain a comfortable lifestyle when the time is right. They want to understand how to pass the farm onto the next generation in a sustainable way, where everyone is treated fairly, while still maintaining a comfortable lifestyle. If there is no successor interested in assuming the farm, they want to understand how to sell and wind up the farm in the most tax efficient manner.
What motivates them?
- They are motivated by seeing growth that comes from hard work and perseverance. They value financial security and understand that it is an integral part of a comfortable lifestyle. They take pride in the family legacy and want to build on it, passing it on to the next generation in a better state when they received it.
What is important to them?
- The most important things to our ideal clients are: family, friends, and their community. More specifically, how they can leave their legacy and positively impact the lives of their family members, friends, and members of their community.
Who are they?
- The Ideal Client is a farming/business-owning/professional couple, which has a family farming background and a combined annual family taxable income or farming income of $150,000+.